Monday, July 9, 2012

one touch Jar can opener reviews

I have to hide the one touch jar can opener because kids think it's fascinating! It sort of crawls around, but gets the job done perfectly.I actually had had to stop buying pickles because I couldn't open the jars. No more! When my mother asked me to install a manual jar opener, I mentioned a manual one would not be that helpful to her and suggested we find for an electric. As a lifetime member of The Church of Appliantology, I naturally was leaning toward the powerful and intimidating countertop Black & Decker model, but due to counter space limitations we agreed to try this little battery unit first. I was seriously skeptical, but after a few test runs I was sold. For what it does for the price, five stars. This vid was all I had time to shoot, and only on one jar. You can see it is a little slow, but relentless. The battery cover is indeed odd, but once you've done it it's no big deal- the batteries slide in slightly angled instead of parallel, maybe that's what confused folks. I doubt this opener will see daily use, so it would be difficult to gather any long-term reliability or battery life info, but after a short period with this device I am tempted to pick one up specifically for that purpose. Plus, it works well, is fun to watch, and I am discovering as I age it seems that they are indeed putting on the lids a lot tighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment